About the Role
Database Developers at Sitation will use their database development skills to learn about client data and identify opportunities to improve their overall data model and processes as well as building the necessary code to automate the routine exchange of data for Product Intelligence solutions.
- Writing SQL code for adhoc analysis as well as for data driven solutions in the form of stored procedures and functions
- Multiple database platform coding knowledge is a must across relational (i.e. MySQL, SQL Server) and at least one non-relational/NoSQL database platform (document oriented i.e. MongoDB; Key Value Stores i.e. Couchbase; or Graph Stores i.e. Neo4j)
- Creating/Modifying/Optimizing ETL packages to import/export product data
- Capable of developing visual analytics reports and dashboards as needed
- Working with clients and internal teams to improve our core migration and enrichment work
While the primary role will be to design and write database code for client delivery output and ETL automations, Sitation is a small and growing company that encourages and rewards initiative around solving problems and adding value for our clients. Contributing to internal initiatives and training activities is strongly encouraged.
We believe great people come from a variety of experience and educational backgrounds. This is a highly flexible position that requires a curious person with a growth-oriented mindset. Come grow with us!
- Build database solutions that solve critical problems for clients and internal functions
- Design database solutions (i.e. data warehouses, visual analytics tools) that balance the costs of development with the benefits of automation
- Work with internal Sitation teams to improve data integration & reporting capabilities across internal tools such as HubSpot, Clickup, Harvest as well as client PIM data enrichment and transformation
- Collaboratively build requirements for solutions
- Effective written and oral communications
- Responsible for staying current with enterprise and industry standards, technologies, methodologies, and best practices
- Actively look for opportunities both with clients and internally to automate repetitive duties to reduce time and human error
- 2-4 years of experience
- Database scripting skills on at least 2 relational (i.e. MySQL, SQL Server using SQL) and at least one non-relational/NoSQL database platforms (document oriented i.e. MongoDB; Key Value Stores i.e. Couchbase; or Graph Stores i.e. Neo4j)
- ETL Package development on at least two different platforms (i.e. Azure Data Factory, Informatica) demonstrating capabilities of learning more
- Visual analytics development as needed with experience on at least 2 different platforms (i.e. PowerBI, Google Data Studio)
- Knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling
- This position is eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Eligible for performance-based bonuses
- 100% Remote (Approx. 20% travel as needed)
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Sitation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace equality and a diverse, inclusive, and healthy professional environment.