The product development team at Sitation is looking for a PHP developer! Sitation is a leader in helping retailers, distributors, brands, and manufacturers control and optimize their e-commerce product data, and the Sitation product development team is building greenfield platforms and tools that enable Sitation clients and internal teams to succeed.
We are a growing team focused on work/life balance, good code, and enjoying the process of building products we are excited about.
You should apply if:
- You love building interesting and innovative projects with PHP
- You enjoy working with tools like Laravel, Composer, Slim, and Symfony
- You are interested in OpenAI (so hot right now)
- You get a sense of inner peace when the PHPUnit tests pass
- You have experience in or an interest in learning about working in an Agile environment
- You have experience or an interest in learning about writing CLI PHP code
- You enjoy data manipulation and ETL-like processes
- BONUS: You have moderate to good whiteboard handwriting
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working within our team to design, build, test, document, deploy, and iterate on internal Sitation products. These products could range from a Laravel-based application with a UI, a REST API that interfaces with Open AI, or a framework of custom composer packages that move product data between platforms.
You’ll also be involved in the planning/conceptualization of features through an Agile process. We prefer documentation and good practices over meetings, and work to keep developer schedules clear of distractions.
This is a hybrid office/remote job, so we’re looking for candidates who are within driving distance of our Apex, NC office.
The amount of time you choose to spend working remotely vs. in the office is completely up to you. Our office is specifically for the product development team, and is there for when in-person collaboration is helpful or when team members would like to work in an office rather than at home. Our office is located near lots of dining and shopping options, has a great walking path around a pond out back, and is a quiet and calm space to collaborate or work solo.
The Sitation benefits program includes:
- 13 annual paid holiday days
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Medical, vision, and dental plans – Sitation contributes 75% of the premiums
- 401k with a 3% match that is always fully-vested
- Eligibility for performance-based bonuses
- BONUS Sitation product development department benefits:
- Machine with the platform of your choice (macOS, Linux, or Windows)
- A focus on professional development opportunities
- Passes and time off to attend All Things Open in Raleigh
Sitation is the ultimate partner for e-commerce growth – serving retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. We support our customers in navigating the highly competitive digital world by providing strategy, technology, and scalable product data and content services to grow and maintain digital merchandising excellence. Sitation is one of the fastest growing private companies in the United States, having joined the Inc. 5000 list at number 379 for 2021!