Sitation is seeking a skilled Support Engineer to join our growing product development team. This is a unique role that involves working with multiple teams inside of Sitation to help client projects succeed with the tools the product development team builds, as well as helping drive the roadmap and development of those tools based on input from client requirements and internal priorities.
A typical day might involve sitting in a client meeting to gather requirements for an upcoming implementation, fixing a bug in a package and deploying across multiple installations, and attending a planning meeting to make sure time is allocated in an upcoming sprint to get ahead of an API deprecation. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys managing and prioritizing their own schedule and working with teams to solve complex problems.
Our tools are written in PHP so experience with PHP is a requirement, but overall we’re looking for someone with a strong, well-rounded background in web technologies and a passion for learning about different platforms. If you get excited at the thought of reading through API documentation, you’re a good fit for this role!
Our team is based in Apex, NC, and we’re looking for someone who is interested in partially working with the team in our new office space as well as working remotely.
We are a talent-first organization, and believe great people come from a variety of experience and educational backgrounds. This is a highly flexible position that requires a curious person with a growth-oriented mindset. Come grow with us!
- Work with Sitation internal teams to set up and configure product implementations for clients
- Monitor health of current product implementations
- Triage and respond to incidents of current product implementations
- Code new features for products based on client and internal requirements
- Identify and fix bugs with existing products
- Take part in product roadmap planning
- 3+ years of experience with PHP (Symfony, Slim, or Laravel are bonuses)
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Familiarity with observability and logging concepts
- Familiarity with Linux servers and LEMP stacks
- Familiarity with relational and schemaless database platforms
- BONUS: Experience with a PIM or e-commerce platform
- BONUS: Track record of problem-solving for clients
- This position is eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Eligible for performance-based bonuses
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Sitation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace equality and a diverse, inclusive, and healthy professional environment.